Who we are Good As You(Th) is a group comprised of mainly but not limited to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans youths. We are active in the city of Thessaloniki and our goal is the elimination of all discrimination based on gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation. Where we meet Our weekly meetings take place every Sunday at 19:00 inside the campus of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, at the Steki Foititon Nomikis (Law Student Club). The meetings are open to anyone interested! General principles
- Good As You(th) condemns racism, fascism and all of its expressions.
- It is an anti-capitalist group with an anti-consumerist character.
- It supports the feminist movement ideologically and practically and condemns sexism and the patriarchal system.
- It stands in solidarity to every group or person under oppression and denounces every form of discrimination.
Why is G.A.Y. important to us Through our participation in the group we have managed to create a more positive reality for ourselves and the people around us. Gradually, we find ways to contribute to the team effort, to bring about change, to be stronger and more secure of who we are and what we represent. We feel that it is important to be part of and maintain a space where everyone can understand each other’s difficulties and struggles in a friendly environment. To be members of the LGBTIQ+ community is not a set identity – we need to choose what kind of members we want to be. We are here to:
- Help create a community that is proud and not phobic.
- Inform the community on issues of interest and importance.
- Empower and enhance the confidence in ourselves and our claims.
- Open up opportunities for action and participation to more young LGBTIQ+ people
Good As You(th) is only a group! But it is members that make up a team – so join us and let us paint this city our own colour! Flyer (Greek)